Silver Marches Campaign
- We will be playing level 16 PC. When you start, you will have only mundane Equipment as magic goes crazy. Have your starting equipment as suggested by DMG, it will become available very shortly.
- Each of you has a disfiguring scare upon your body. Please detail where, how big and what it could look like (like when imagining shapes in clouds).
- You character will start 4th edition with the Stats, Hit Point and Skill of a level 16 Character. The fall of magic should not have affected those. But Power / Feats will start at level 1 and then be acquired at an accelerated rate. Something like character 3 level / encounter. Starting at level 10, 2 level / encounter. All players will have a -8 on all attacks and all defenses and this will reduce by 1 per two levels. This will help balance out encounters and represent you learning you abilities in this new reality.
- The idea of this is:
- It allows you to learn how to use your character and retrain if necessary.
- It allow the Dungeon Master to learn how to DM a 4th edition game. It makes sure that the party will not be killed by accident on the first game night since they have lot of hit points.
- With the normal rate of 3 – 5 encounter per game, it means that in 2 to 4 games, you should all be at full power, and both the player and DM will have had a chance to learn how to play or DM a 4th edition game. (It also give the DM 4 game to give the party there new magical equipment).
- It’s easy to fit in a story.